Sunday, July 1, 2012

Some Possible Resources for Naad Yoga Studies
































I just found this picture from another blogger, and have yet to find the image's source. However, I am very excited about the image because I often try to feel where a mantra lives in my body and I think that this is a map telling us where the sounds resonate when recited. Yay, naad (and another link: http://www.onlymyhealth.com/what-naad-yoga-1331010160).

I am also interesting in how the bijas (each separate seed sound of the mantra) can emanate out from the bodily source into creation. I wonder if there is a map of this, as well.


The blogger lists some mantras on the site for multiple purposes. I am not sure where the mantras hail from but I am about to ask. Perhaps the blogger will get back to me soon.  This I hope!

And for those who are interested, here is the Gayatri Mantra over music via Deva Premal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni9IxnPtmlY&feature=related. I haven't posted the mantra here because it is written out in roman characters on the youtube video. 



Note: Although recitation of mantra is not traditionally done over music, I often like to listen to and create such things. Deva Premal is  wonderful place to start. Her voice is very warm and soothing, and her music is very beautiful. I believe that she sings from the heart and it definitely comes through. 


Traditional Vedic recitation is usually done without music and with multiple priests (or people in a community) so that the verses are recited correctly even if one member forgets something, or maybe mixes something up. 


There are possibly other reasons, as well. I may be mixing up some information that I just learned about the Sama Veda, however. If I am, I apologize. I'll check this as soon as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment